If you’re not very familiar with Ping Pong tables, you might believe that they can only be used indoors. Interestingly enough, that isn’t always true – many can be used out in your yard.
Those who don’t have a lot of extra space in their homes will love being able to put a table outside. But it doesn’t stop there.
There are plenty of tables that can be used dependably both in and outdoors. In this list, we’ll demonstrate by showing you the best outdoor indoor Ping Pong tables.
Let’s take a closer look…
Best Outdoor Indoor Ping Pong Tables
This futuristic-looking Ping Pong table has the toughness you need to put it either in tough weather conditions or indoors. The gray playing surface is made from melamine, which is completely resistant to all weather conditions.
Further strengthening it, the frame, apron, and net are made from steel. In short, this is a table you can leave outside year-round without a single worry. You can even anchor it to the ground, ensuring that nothing unexpected will move it ever again.
Of course, you can keep it inside, too. Its glistening chrome finish would look wonderful in most homes.
- Ultra-tough steel apron, frame, and net that will last for a long time.
- The playing surface is made from melamine that’s completely weatherproof.
- Comes with the hardware necessary to anchor it to the ground if you want it to be permanently affixed to a location.
- It has a sleek, modern look that would complement many decorating schemes.
- Because it’s intended to be stationary, you’re not going to be able to easily move it back and forth between your home and yard.
One of the best things about this Stiga XTR table is that it has a feature called “quickplay design.” What that means is that assembly takes 10 minutes or less, allowing you to enjoy a game of Ping Pong as soon as possible.
Wheels on the bottom and the ability to fold make moving it a breeze, too. You could even store it in between games or during the winter if you’re worried about leaving it outside in tough winter weather.
Not that you need to be worried, though. The aluminum composite that the top is made from is suitable in all weather conditions, rain or shine. You can expect this table to last you for a long time once you have it set up.
- Made from sturdy aluminum composite that can resist all weather conditions.
- You can reposition it effortlessly using the wheels.
- It folds in half for convenient storage.
- Right out of the box, it can be assembled in several minutes.
- There are some reports of customers not receiving all the parts when they order the table.
- Some customers have stated that they received it with a few cosmetic defects, such as scratches in the paint.
Read Also: Best Foldable Ping Pong Tables
Do you have a cramped home or yard? Then this GoSports Mid-Size Table Tennis set is ideal for your situation.
Like the name, this table isn’t as large as the standard regulation size. Because of that, it can squeeze into smaller spaces. To make positioning it even easier, the table is designed to be completely portable.
When you’re ready to move the table or put it away, simply fold it in half and carry it using the handle on the side. You won’t need help to lift it, either, because it weighs around 39 pounds.
But its size and portability don’t mean it’s unstable. Six legs give it plenty of support, ensuring that doesn’t shake or wobble while you play.
- Easily the lightest table on this list, making it ideal for travel or moving.
- It folds in half and has a handle on the side so you can lift it.
- Available in an uncommon bright red color.
- The aluminum frame makes it strong enough to withstand outdoor weather.
- Some customers reported that they were missing some parts when they received the table.
Read Also: Best Lightweight Ping Pong Tables
Most of the time, Ping Pong requires a partner. You can’t play it alone, right?
Wrong. Aside from buying a Ping Pong robot, there are some tables that have what’s called a playback mode. That means the table folds in half, and you bounce the ball against the half that’s folded up.
This Ping Pong table is one such model. If you don’t have a partner to practice with, it doesn’t mean you can’t play at all. Just fold up half the table and enjoy a solo game.
When you’re done playing, this Killerspin table has storage pockets built into the ends of the table. You can store your balls and paddles in them, keeping all your supplies in one place.
- The aluminum-plastic playing surface can handle all sorts of weather conditions.
- You can fold up half the table and play by yourself.
- Storage pockets on the ends of the table allow you to keep your balls and paddles in one place.
- With eight wheels, sliding the table into place is simple.
- None reported yet.
Out of all the tables on this list, the RS Barcelona You and Me table is undoubtedly one of the best-looking. Available in either black or white, it has the appearance necessary to fit into chic homes and offices seamlessly.
But it’s more than just beauty. It’s convenience, too, due to the shelf built into the side. You can store your balls and paddles in the side, lowering the risk of losing them from storing them separately from the table.
The playing surface of this table is thick, too. At 46mm, it’s one of the thickest options you’ll find, which means each serve and return will bounce extraordinarily well against its surface.
Once you’re done playing for the day, remove the net and use it as a piece of furniture. It’s gorgeous and durable enough to be used as either a conference table or a dining room table. If you’re keeping it outside, it could even make a stunning picnic table.
- Has an incredibly thick tabletop of 46 mm, granting exceptional bounce.
- Available in equally beautiful black or white color options.
- Tough enough to be used as a dining room table or conference table in between games.
- Includes a net, six balls, and two paddles.
- A built-in shelf on the side can used to store the net, balls, and paddle.
- There are some reports that the shelf on the side is too shallow to hold the balls.
- Because it doesn’t have wheels or fold, you may not be able to move the table easily.
Read Also: Best Conference Room Ping Pong Tables
One of the best things about getting any Joola table is that you’re buying from a company that’s been used by the Olympics for decades. You can rest assured that any table you get is going to be high-quality and long-lasting.
This JOOLA Nova table is no exception to that standard. Its net and table are both weatherproof, so you can really set it and forget it, even if you’ve left it outside.
If you’re the kind of person that hates setting things up, then you’ll appreciate the fact that it arrives 95% assembled already. That means you can finish putting it together in just several minutes, rather than spending half the day scratching your head over an instruction manual.
- The table and the net are both completely waterproof.
- Comes 95% assembled, saving you time on the assembly.
- You can fold one half up for playback mode, so you don’t always need a partner.
- The wheels can be locked in place, further stabilizing the tabletop.
- Some customers felt that the separate halves are a drawback, because it’s hard to line them up evenly.
Here is another example of a table that proves Ping Pong tables can look appealing. The contrast of its bright top against its dark, cross-shaped legs is inarguably striking.
It’s also made to withstand the test of time. Designed with concrete, you won’t need to worry about any unsightly peeling or fading. The net is made from metal, which promotes its longevity.
Additionally, it’s multi-functional. Just take off the net, and you’ve got a table that can be used for conferences, meals, or as a gathering place.
- Appealing design imitates wood grains for a warm, natural look.
- The legs and net are made from robust steel that can endure intense weather.
- Suitable for use as a dining table or conference table that can seat up to 12 people in between games.
- The net is easy to remove.
- This is a pretty heavy table, so you’re not going to be able to move it without assistance.
There’s just something almost otherworldly about the beauty of this Modloft Amsterdam table. The way the legs are slender and curve together on the bottom, combined with the crisp white surface, is alluring.
What exactly is this eye-catching table made from? It’s a blend of concrete and fiberglass, which translates to it being long-lived. Its net, on the other hand, is made from perforated steel, mimicking the look of a traditional rope net with its holes.
Along with the table, you’ll get two high-quality paddles made from bamboo and one ball. If you’ve forgotten to order paddles and balls on your own, you’ll still be able to play.
- Modern and attractive design that is sure to turn heads.
- Includes a net, two paddles, and one ball.
- Made from tough materials that ensure this table will last for years to come.
- Weighing 527 pounds, this is one of the heaviest tables on our list, so it will probably need to be stationary.
With the Xtera Foldable Indoor/Outdoor table, you’re getting everything you need to play – with or without a partner. It includes a two-player equipment set, so you can start playing with a friend or family member the very second you have the table set up.
The feature that sets this table apart the most, however, is its anti-glare top. The UV-resistant top reduces any glare from bright lights or sunlight, so you can play without squinting or digging out your sunglasses.
- Comes with the gear you need to start playing.
- Has a foldable solo mode, so you can play whether or not you have a partner.
- Anti-glare surface reduces glare from lights or sun.
- Its wheels and ability to fold make transporting it simple.
- The cover isn’t large enough to cover the entire surface when the table is unfolded.
Are you the kind of person who likes extras whenever they order something? Let’s introduce you to the Kettler Champ 3.0.
In addition to a high-quality Kettler table, you’ll receive an outdoor accessory bundle. The bundle contains two paddles, an outdoor table cover, and two six-packs of Ping Pong balls. Out of all the tables we’ve seen, this is one of the most generous extras we’ve come across.
The table itself is great, too. Its aluminum composite top can handle any condition you throw at it, without any warping.
It also has a unique safety fold feature that guarantees it will fold smoothly every time. This can help protect your fingers from being squished.
- Has a dual-lock system that prevents anyone from accidentally folding or opening the table.
- Its safety-track design protects fingers from injury while folding.
- In addition to the table, you get an accessory bundle that comes with everything you need to play.
- Can be folded in half so you can play alone.
- Some customers felt that the assembly instructions were unclear.
Features to Consider
A table that’s going to need to be able to withstand both indoor and outdoor conditions has to have one trait over all others: durability. Whether it’s a spill from a drink inside or a rainstorm outside, your table must be tough.
The quality with the greatest amount of influence over a table’s durability is what it’s made from. Metal and concrete tables tend to be really great for outdoor conditions because they can resist humidity.
Wood usually is best for indoor use, although some wooden tables are treated so they can sit outside indefinitely.
This may not be as important to you, but if there’s a possibility you’re going to move your table back and forth between inside and outside, it has to be mobile.
In this regard, there are a few things that will determine how mobile your table is: wheels, folding, and weight.
Wheels on the legs of your table make it possible to push it. If you only need to move your table a short distance, this can save you a lot of back strain.
On the other hand, if you’re going to have to move your table a greater distance, folding and light weight will be your greatest allies. Folding reduces the table to a convenient size, while a lighter weight makes it easier to lift.
Read Also: Best Portable Ping Pong Tables
Most Ping Pong tables don’t come with all the equipment required to play, like paddles or balls. Some don’t even include a net to put on top.
If you’re looking for an all-in-one deal, make sure to read the descriptions and see what’s included with the table. When you choose a table without the extras, remember to buy the equipment separately so you can still play when the table arrives.
This is just an extra feature that can be extremely helpful when you’re playing outside. However, glare reduction is at least worth looking for in the event you’d like to take your table outdoors.
As you might have guessed, when a table has glare reduction, it means the surface won’t reflect harsh light back at you. Some tables are prone to being a little reflective, which can make them hard to play on when it’s really sunny or the lights are strong.
Hopefully, this list showed you that Ping Pong tables aren’t just pieces of furniture you tuck away in the corner of your home. There are tons of options available to you that would look wonderful in any room of your house, as well as in your backyard.
Our top pick from this list is the Killerspin MyT10 Foldable Table Tennis Table. We feel it blends together some of our favorite features, like the built-in storage and the playback mode. Because it folds up on one side, you can keep practicing your Ping Pong skills even when there’s no one else around.