Trying to find the best ping pong table for your garage? You’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we’ve put together 10+ options you should consider for turning your boring garage into a competitive ping pong arena!
Let’s check them out – here’s a quick list of our favorites and where to find them.
Best Garage Ping Pong Table
The full-size of this ping pong table makes it a great option for any players who take the game seriously and want a table that can withstand long hours of play. The safety fold feature is great for families who may have children around when the table is being moved in or out of storage, as it prevents fingers from being crushed accidentally. Best of all, it comes with an outdoor accessory bundle that includes 2 racks, 2 6-packs of balls, and a premium outdoor table cover to protect your table between uses.
- Comes with everything you need to start playing, including rackets, balls, and a table cover.
- A safety fold features helps protect your fingers while folding.
- The paint on top is resistant to scratches and fading.
- Can be very difficult to put the table together
Thanks to the oversized casters on both halves of this table, it’s easy for most any user to move and set up the table without any help. The wheels have locks to ensure that the table will remain in place once it has been put together. Additionally, the table features a high-quality 72” net and post set that allows for easy string tension adjustment to reduce drooping.
- Durable outdoor design can be used in the garage or taken to the patio
- Aluminum composite top won’t warp when it is damp or wet
- The fast setup only takes around 10 minutes to complete
- Can be folded up into a compact position for easy storage
- Steel legs have levelers to ensure that the table is flat and perfect for play
- The top doesn’t offer a ton of bounce
- Split half design makes it difficult to line up the table for perfect play
Designed to work on all weather and to be easily moved, this is a great ping pong table for users who don’t have a finished garage. The compact size makes it incredibly mobile, and thanks to the locking devices on the table, users don’t have to worry about the halves dropping and breaking during moving, reducing fear of accidental damage.
- 6 mm thick top allows for bounce and also resists chipping and warping
- Ships almost completely assembled so that users can start playing right away
- The separate halves make storing and moving the table easier than ever
- Each half of the table has a four-wheel trolley system to make the table roll smoothly on the floor
- Durable top won’t be damaged in a damp or leaky garage
- A lot of water resting on the surface of the table can cause it to warp
- Casters aren’t very high quality and can easily break in half
Thanks to the support offered by the 1.2” steel tube aprons on the top, this table offers consistent bounce and is sturdy enough to avoid bending when in use. With a full standard size top, it’s a great option for ping pong players who are keen on practicing harder hits and want more space.
- Thick top measures 5/8”, allowing for plenty of high bounce and great spin
- It’s easy to attach and remove the net due to the durable post set
- Safety latch system under the table is perfect for locking it into a solo play position
- The table halves nest together during storage so they don’t take up too much room
- Self-opening steel legs allow a single person to open the table without help
- The table halves often need regular adjustment during games
- Some legs do not have pre-drilled holes, which means that players must drill them during assembly
Want a table that looks elegant and sophisticated? Then you can’t go wrong with this JOOLA Berkshire table. As you can see, there’s a lovely contrast between the dark net and legs and the light playing surface.
Plus, it’s made from tough concrete, so you can expect this one to stand the test of time in style.
- Modern and sophisticated design.
- Made from long-lasting concrete.
- Can be used as a conference or dining table in addition to Ping Pong table.
- X-shaped legs on the bottom keep the table from wobbling.
- At 491 pounds, this isn’t a table you’ll be able to move around easily once it’s set up.
Read Also: Best Conference Room Ping Pong Tables
Looking for a table that withstand extreme conditions? With this Kettler Eden Weatherproof model, you won’t need to worry if you leave your garage door open. The playing surface is made from tough melamine, and the legs are made from dependable galvanized steel. Its permanent net is also made from galvanized steel, so it won’t be necessary to replace it anytime soon.
- Long-lasting melamine tabletop resists wear and tear and extreme conditions.
- The legs and net are made from reliable galvanized steel.
- Includes bolts that you can use to anchor it in place.
- Has a sleek, gleaming appearance.
- It’s meant to be stationary, so you won’t be able to easily move it once it’s set up.
Read Also: Best Ping Pong Table for the Money
This easily one of the most convenient tables on this list. For one thing, it has an amazingly useful laminate top with glare reduction build right in, so if your garage has bright lights in it, you’ll be able to play without needing to shade your eyes. Additionally, the surface is weatherproof, so it will endure all kinds of conditions in your garage year-round. And if you ever decide you need to move it, it has wheels and folds in half.
- The laminate on top prevents glare from shining in your eyes during play.
- Durable enough for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Can be folded for convenient storage or transport.
- Wheels allow you to slide it around easily.
- None reported yet.
Got a cramped garage? That’s no problem for this table, because it’s a petite six feet by three feet. This small size also makes it simple to move the table without straining your back or legs. Of course, its ability to fold also contributes to that, and once you’ve folded it in half, it also has a handle built into the side. In fact, it’s so modestly sized, that one person can carry it by themselves once it’s folded.
- Has six legs for increased stability.
- The small size makes it perfect for garages with limited room.
- You can fold it in half in seconds for move it or store it.
- There’s a handle on the side so you can carry it more naturally.
- Comes with a net, 2 paddles, and 4 balls.
- Can sometimes ship without all of the necessary parts
Read Also: Best Red Ping Pong Tables
Thanks to the inclusion of a foldable playing mode, you can play a satisfying game of Ping Pong whether or not you have partner around. putting it together is also a snap. It was designed so you don’t need any professional tools to put it together. You could feasibly have it set up within a few minutes of receiving it.
- You can play solo or with a friend.
- Could potentially be put together in as little as a few minutes.
- Has eight wheels, so you can slide the table around.
- Each half can be folded upright to save on space.
- Some customers felt that the aluminum fasteners were not as tight as they needed to be.
Thanks to the locking casters and safety latch on this table, it is a great option for a family to buy and use in their garage. The 1.5” steel tube aprons offer ample support to the table’s top and prevent it from warping or bending, which would make it very difficult to enjoy games and to hit the ball with spin.
- Convenient clamp on net makes it easy to remove it to store the table out of the way
- 3” locking wheels and casters make moving the two halves of the table easy
- Features a durable and sturdy undercarriage to prevent warping and bending
- The steel legs have rubber leg levelers that are easy to twist and won’t scratch the floor
- 5/8” top is not only durable, but also painted to be very attractive
- Often arrives with damage on the top of the table
- Screw holes are often stripped, making assembling the table difficult
Read Also: Best Foldable Ping Pong Tables
Features You Must Consider
The size of a ping pong table is one of the first things that people need to consider when shopping. People who have a double garage or additional space in their single garage will be able to easily set up and use a much larger table. This will give them more realistic gameplay than opting for a table that is not the standard size.
Of course, since players must have ample room around the ping pong table to play, buyers must make sure that their table is centered and that there is enough space on all four sides. Simply sliding a large ping pong table into a tight fit is not the best way to enjoy a good game.
The thickness of the top plays a huge role in how much fun the game will be and whether or not it feels realistic and professional. Unfortunately, tables that have thinner tops won’t provide the same great bounce that higher quality ping pong tables will.
The thinnest top that will still provide a decent bounce is about 0.75” thick. These tables provide not only a lot of bounce, but also great spin. Good ping pong players will be able to improve their spin and how each of their hits move thanks to how thick the top is.
A thicker top will also be able to withstand more use without being damaged or cracking. Thinner tops, unfortunately, are more prone to being damaged. These cracks and any warping that may occur can greatly decrease the fun of a game and make it difficult, if not impossible, to hit a straight shot.
A ping pong table’s frame is incredibly important and plays a huge role in how long the table will last, whether or not it is sturdy, and whether or not players can use the table without fear of it breaking or shifting position.
Steel frames are the most durable options on the market and are a better choice than aluminum for a few reasons. It’s much more durable and less likely to suffer from bending or other damage during games. When steel is powder coated to prevent any rusting, then it is basically indestructible.
Aluminum, on the other hand, while lighter and easier to move around the garage, is not nearly as sturdy. This means that these tables can easily be damaged or break. Even a slight bend in the leg can ruin the table for competitive play.
A high-quality net won’t just prevent sagging, but it will have a softer bottom. This soft surface on the bottom of the net prevents the table from being scratched where it secures to the surface. A strong net attachment will easily hold the net in place, but can cause some damage if users aren’t careful.
When looking at the included net on a ping pong table, it’s important to consider if it will sag, how easily it can be adjusted and tightened, and if the attachments are simple to operate.
While a garage offers a lot of protection for a ping pong table, that doesn’t mean that putting a high-quality indoor ping pong table in the garage is the best idea. Finished garages can protect an indoor ping pong table without much effort.
The problem with putting an indoor ping pong table in an unfinished garage is that it will be exposed to possible leaks, water on the floor, and draft cold air. Any of these can easily damage an indoor ping pong table. While some buyers may think that putting an outdoor table in their garage is silly, it ensures that the table isn’t accidentally damaged by bad weather blowing in the door.
Some ping pong tables are made so that they will fold in half and then roll out of the way when not in use. Ping pong players who are going to be setting up a ping pong table in their garage, but can’t dedicate the space to the table all of the time will want to look for one of these options.
The garage will still have to be large enough to support the folded and stored ping pong table, but this makes it much easier to move it out of the way when the space in the garage is needed for another purpose.
Solo players who want to practice alone will need to make sure to opt for a ping pong table that offers a playback position. This means that one half of the ping pong table can be moved to be at a perpendicular angle to the table’s top. This is the best way for ping pong players to practice on their own.
Not all ping pong tables offer this feature, so players who want to enjoy solo practice need to make sure to look for it specifically when shopping.
Portable ping pong tables that will fold up and roll can be very dangerous if they are not locked into the correct position before being moved. It’s a good idea to look for locks that will not only hold the two table halves together and in an upright position, but also to look for locks on the wheels.
Wheel locks will prevent the table from accidentally shifting position during a game. They ensure that players aren’t in danger of the table rolling away or over their foot.
Out of all the options we looked at the JOOLA NOVA Table is our favorite option for the garage. It’s a quality table and since it’s very easy to move, you can easily bring it inside and outside if it’s a nice day.