Are you trying to find the best ping pong table for the money? In this guide, we’ve compiled all of the options you should be considering to stretch your dollar and get the best performance.
Let’s check them out…
Best Ping Pong Tables for the Money
This ping pong table is a great option for people who want to be able to easily move it out of the way and put it into storage when it is not in use. The durable casters lock so that the table won’t wobble when it is being moved, which makes it much safer. The included ball pocket makes it easy to store ping pong balls close for quick games.
- Fast setup allows for play in under 15 minutes, which is great for eager players
- Separate folding halves can be used for solo play or make storage easy
- Steel frame and legs are heavy duty and built to last – a great option for the money.
- 18mm MDF top allows for great bounce during all games
- High-quality paint and coating ensures that there isn’t any glare when playing under lights
- Can sometimes transfer paint to the balls
- Can be difficult to place the sides correctly and to ensure even bounce without a crack in the center as the table easily separates into two halves
This ping pong table has a lot of great features that help to set it apart from others. Not only is it wheelchair compliant, which makes it great for all players, but it has safety locks to prevent the table from being dangerous when in storage or being moved. This makes it a great choice for families who have younger children.
- The 1” thick top on this table does a great job resisting scratches
- Regulation size is ideal for ping pong players who want to practice for a tournament
- One-piece design makes it easy to set up the table and to roll it away for storage without it coming apart
- 5” locking wheels easily rotate during moving the table and are durable enough to support its weight
- Adjustable feet make it easy to ensure a flat and level playing surface to prevent unwanted bounces
- Heavy weight is difficult for a person to move on their own
- Included net is not the highest quality option on the market
The bright blues and greens on this table are sure to catch anyone’s attention, making it an excellent choice for any home. It’s perfect for use outdoors and assembles easily, which means that players can start playing right away. The rolling wheels make moving it from one location to another fast and easy and ensures that the table can be set up in any location outside without difficulty.
- Durable locking legs are supported to ensure that the table doesn’t rock or move during play
- Ideal for use outdoors thanks to the weather proof aluminum composite top
- Won’t warp, even when left out in the rain or exposed to a lot of sun
- Post set is easy to attach to the table so that the net can be stretched across the top
- Large size is great for competitive and casual players. A great pick for the money.
- Can be difficult to get the included net to stretch without drooping in the middle
- Table sometimes arrives already dented and damaged
Read Also: Best Ping Pong Table for Garage
Thanks to the fully laminated play surface on this ping pong table, it is able to offer impressive bounce and control, making it ideal for players of all abilities to enjoy. The steel frame is powder coated, which means that it will resist rust and last for a long time without being damaged. The self-folding legs allow users to set up and take down the table with ease. Corner caps prevent players and spectators from being injured by walking into the sharp corners.
- Excellent indoor table that is a great addition to any game room
- The paddle storage is perfect for keeping balls and paddles close to hand for fast games
- Can easily be placed into a playback position for solo play and practice
- The table will lock when folded for storage, which lowers the risk of injury or damage
- Seamless two-piece top is easy to store and offers great bounce
- Assembly instructions aren’t very clear and can be difficult to understand
- Can be hard to attach the legs without damaging the top
Thanks to the compact size of this table, it is great for storing out of the way when not in use and doesn’t take up too much space in a room when people want to play. The wheels on each half of the table make it easy for users to roll them out of the way when storing the table and prevent users from accidentally dropping it when carrying the table.
- At ¾ the size of a regulation table, this smaller option is great for smaller homes
- No assembly required, as the table ships ready for play
- The net set attaches easily to the table, allowing players to start playing a game right away
- Halves can be separated to allow the owner to use them as smaller tables for other functions
- The 12 mm top allows for great bounce and is much thicker than on smaller ping pong tables
- Can be difficult to level, which can have a negative impact on play
- Corners of the table can be easily damaged during shipping
Designed to not only give home players a professional table that looks and plays great, but it is affordable. This table sets up quickly and offers great bounce. The responsive top allows for players to get the high bounce that they want on their balls. The oversized wheels on this table are an impressive 3”, which means that they are sturdy and durable and aren’t going to collapse or be damaged under the heavy weight of the table.
- It’s easy to attach the legs with the included wrench for fast setup and play
- The thick steel legs prevent the table from wobbling and from causing problems during play
- Adjustable rubber feet are easy to adjust when the table is on an uneven surface
- Four locking caster wheels on each half prevent the table from rolling when in storage
- Can easily be adjusted for solo play and practice
- Sometimes ships with a defective net that doesn’t always work reliably
- The screw holes can easily strip, making assembly a bit more difficult
This ping pong table is loaded with great features that make it a reliable and durable option. Floor levelers, removable corner protectors, and a ballbox that is within easy reach all are included. With a multiple-layer top that is durable and offers great bounce, it’s easy to see why this ping pong table is one of the best on the market today and a fantastic value for the money.
- Fun surface is great for writing on with chalk, making games much more fun
- Topcoat is scratch, UV, and fade resistant, making this table reliable when used outdoors
- Steel legs have a strong powder coating on them to prevent them from rusting in bad weather
- Ships with a player bundle including paddles, balls, and a weatherproof cover
- The top has been treated with a special seal to permanently protect it and offer great bounce
- Takes up more room when folded for storage than other similar ping pong tables do
- Removable corner protectors can sometimes fall off on their own, allowing people to get injured
Users who want a ping pong table for fun games, but aren’t worried as much about being competitive, will appreciate what this smaller table has to offer. At just under 53 pounds, it’s a great option for smaller homes or for children. Since the table can easily be separated into halves, it’s easy to move and store the table without needing a lot of dedicated space in the house.
- Compact size is great for use in a smaller home and is ideal for younger players
- Comes already 100% assembled for fast play right away
- Classic screw clamp design on the net and post makes it easy to attach and remove the net
- Separate halves can easily be stored on their own so that the table doesn’t take up a lot of space
- Each of the halves can be used as a separate table for events
- Corners aren’t very durable and can be damaged during storage
- Lightweight design is not ideal for fast and highly competitive games
Not all ping pong players have the room in their home for a full-size table, which is why this is such a great option. The smaller size of the table, as well as how sturdy it is, makes it a great option for use in the home. Thanks to the high-quality net and how easily the table can be set up and stored, it is a great option for any busy players.
- Table halves separate easily for storage and so that they can be used for other purposes
- Folding legs easily fold flat so that the halves slide into skinny areas for storage
- Standard table height is ideal for practicing shots
- Smaller table size makes this a great option for use in a smaller home or commercial setting
- Comes 100% preassembled so that players can start enjoying ping pong right away.
- Screws are easily stripped and can cause the legs to wobble and move during use
- Table lasts for a short period of time and then will start to fall apart with a lot of use
Not only does this table offer great play for two or more people, but individuals can easily push one side of the table up into the playback position. This makes the table ideal for individuals who want to practice on their own. With locks on the casters, this table won’t roll out of control, which can be a concern with some larger ping pong tables. An impressive multi-coat finish helps to ensure a solid surface that offers great bounce and control.
- 5/8” thick top is very durable and ensures that balls will have great bounce
- The net can easily be attached and removed
- With 3” locking casters, it’s easier than ever to move and store this table when not in use
- Self-opening legs allow users to easily set up this table on their own
- 1.2” square legs are very durable and designed to provide exceptional support and control for years
- Corners of the table can easily be damaged on accident
- Paint can sometimes chip
As far as convenience goes, this is one of the best options for the money on the market. It’s not only easy to set up and store, but comes with all of the accessories that ping pong players need to start playing right away. Since it folds up quickly and can easily be stored in a smaller space, it’s ideal for ping pong players who don’t have room for a larger table.
- Includes the table, net, posts and paddles, and ping pong balls, which is great for beginners
- 1-1/8” apron around the table offers plenty of stability and support
- Foldable design is great for storage and for single-player use
- Lockable caster wheels and durable corner caps prevent the table from being damaged when transported
- Steel legs offer stability and support and prevent the table from buckling
- Assembly takes a long time and is very difficult for some people to do on their own
- Table halves can be difficult to align properly without a gap in the middle
Not only does this table look great in any indoor location, thanks to the 5/8” dark blue top and the perfect silkscreen striping, but it is easy to move and use. Not only do the casters have locks to prevent the table from moving on its own, but it also has a safety latch system. This spring-loaded system locks when the table is in the upright storage and transport position, ensuring safety and preventing the table from accidentally unfolding.
- Professional table is a great indoor option for serious players
- Fast assembly includes a convenient clamping system for the 72” net
- 3” lockable wheels and casters make moving this table easier than ever
- Safe to use outside when the weather is nice and there is no risk of rain
- 1.5” legs have adjusters to make keeping the table flat and sturdy easier than ever
- Plastic wheels can easily be damaged by grit and then scratch the floor
- Apron can easily be damaged and bent out
Finding a durable outdoor ping pong table is key for any ping pong fans who want to be able to play in the open air. Luckily, this table has a durable design that makes it a great choice for use in all types of weather without any fear of the table being damaged. In addition, it is easy to fold, move, and store, which makes it great for avid users who want to be able to play on a whim.
- Durable table is perfect for outside use and won’t be damaged by the elements
- Aluminum composite top not only stands up to water, but also provides great bounce
- Fast 10-minute setup is easy
- Legs fold up and under the table to allow it to be stored out of the way
- Safety latch system locks the table halves when in storage so that they won’t pop down
- Split halves can be difficult to line up for competitive play
- Side logos don’t always look crisp and may appear smeared
Designed to not only be easy to set up and fun to play on, but also easy to move, this ping pong table features a durable adjustable net. This adjustable net means that users can make sure that the net never bends or folds when the table is in use. This ensures a great game at all times and makes this table ideal for players of all ages and abilities, as it is sturdy, reliable, and easy to use.
- Tournament-size table is great for competitive play
- Users only need to be able to attach eight bolts to have the table ready for games
- Durable 15 mm thick top allows for a consistent bounce during games
- Thick steel legs feature high-quality leg levelers for easy leveling
- The folding halves are on durable four-wheel trolley systems to make transport easy
- Can sometimes ship with damage on the top and the sides of the table
- Easily cracks if not carefully transported when not in use
This table is not only fast and easy to set up, but it is easy to transition from traditional two-player play to solo practice. Thanks to the durable design of the table, it has been constructed to last for a long time, no matter the weather. The powder-coated undercarriage is incredibly durable and rust resistant, which is part of the reason why this table is such a great option for use in outdoor locations.
- 6 mm top is made from aluminum plastic composite so that it won’t warp when exposed to water
- Attaching the legs is fast and easy
- Both halves come apart for both compact storage, as well as for easy playback mode
- Each half has an impressive trolley system to move the table
- Durable net set can be installed and tightened for perfect play in just seconds
- Standing water on the table can damage the top
- It’s easy to accidentally dent the top when storing the table
Read Also: Best Red Ping Pong Tables
This is an incredibly sleek and chic table that looks great in any home or commercial location thanks to the attractive lines and black design. It’s foldable, which makes it great for storage, but also incredibly durable, which means that it won’t wobble or shift position during play. Thanks to the durable casters and leg levelers, it’s easy for players to maneuver this table into position when they want to enjoy a great game, no matter their skill level.
- Thanks to the seamless design of the top, there isn’t any problem with errant balls bouncing during play
- Folding halves are easy to control and nest together for fast and easy storage
- 18 mm top is high-quality and will provide consistent bounce for years
- Competitive size makes this a great option for players who want to practice for tournament play
- The table is very easy to move thanks to the durable casters
- Some users report the table arriving broken
- Assembly can be difficult due to the weight of the table
Designed to offer great playability and to look wonderful in any setup, this ping pong table comes mostly preassembled, which makes it easy to set it up without a lot of effort. Thanks to the durable casters on this table, it’s easy to move it from one location to another without having to worry about the table being damaged. The sleek top and white legs with blue support bars are all gorgeous, and the colors work together to create a modern and updated table that is perfect in any space.
- 5/8” thick top is durable and made to last
- Many roller coat finishes on the top in addition to silkscreen printing makes the table look professional
- It’s easy to attach and remove the net without the clamp-style set
- Balls have a lot of bounce thanks to the durable top
- The separate halves come together easily, making the table durable and sturdy
- Doesn’t always ship with all necessary parts
- Small cracks can easily form on the back of the table halves
Not only does this table come with built-in ball storage, but it also has abacus scorers to make it easy for players to keep track of who is winning. These features, in addition to the sleek design, durable cross-bars, and attractive finish on the table make it a winner for anyone looking for a ping pong table that looks and plays great. It’s a wonderful option for players of any skill level.
- Ball storage makes it easy to keep balls on hand for impromptu games
- Lockable wheel casters ensure safety when rolling the table in or out of storage
- Competition grade and regulation size make this a great option for eager ping pong players
- Convenient clamping system makes it easy to manage the net
- Sturdy legs have adjustable leg levelers to protect the floor and easily level the table
- The wheels don’t always roll easily in one direction and make require some adjustments
- Sometimes ships with missing parts
Features to Consider
When most people think of Ping Pong tables, they think of something tucked away in the corner of a basement somewhere. For enthusiasts, however, this description often couldn’t be more wrong.
In fact, you don’t even necessarily have to keep your table indoors online. Nowadays, there’s a wide range of tables made to be withstand tough outdoor conditions, so you can keep it in your backyard, on a patio, or on a deck.
If you’re worried you don’t have enough room in your house, an outdoor table could be perfect for you. In that case, make sure you focus on the material the table is made out of, and whether it’s listed as being suitable for outside use. Wood tables, although gorgeous, tend not to be great for humid outdoor weather, while aluminum or concrete tables are uniquely suited to such environments.
Read Also: Best Aluminum Ping Pong Tables
Similar to where you can keep it, a Ping Pong table isn’t what you might expect when you think about how mobile it is. Oftentimes, you see how large a table can be and assume that it won’t move anywhere once you get it set up.
Surprisingly, that’s not always true. Many tables are specifically built so that they can be moved whenever and wherever their owner sees fit. These kinds of tables are fantastic for people who simply won’t always have the space in their house, or for people who might even want to take the game on the road with them.
What should you look for if you want a mobile table? Wheels are the first aspect to keep an eye out for. If a table has wheels on the bottom, you can push it around without having to lift it. It’s perfect for moving a table short distances.
For longer distances, though, check whether or not your potential table folds. Many can fold in half so you can fit them in closets or pack them away for travel. Some of them even come with handles on the sides, so you can carry them like a suitcase once they’re folded.
Interested in portable tables? Take a look at our list of portable tables here.
When your Ping Pong table arrives, the last thing you want to do is sit there all day struggling to put it together. This is where easy assembly comes in.
Sometimes, you’ll be able to find information on assembly in the descriptions for each table. If you can’t, though, a good place to check is customer responses to the product. Many will mention how long it took for them to put together the table and whether any instructions were easy to follow.
Occasionally, you can even find Ping Pong tables that come mostly assembled already.
While some Ping Pong tables are quite budget-friendly, others cost more up-front. Regardless of what the price of your table ends up being, you definitely don’t want something that will only last you a couple weeks or months before you start having problems.
That’s where durability comes into play. Perhaps the greatest indicator of durability is what the table is made from.
Wood and aluminum are probably the two most common materials. Both are durable, but better suited for different conditions. As we mentioned previously, a table made entirely from wood may not do well outside for long.
Frames made of steel are also common, and an indication of durability.
From the many tables on this list, our pick would be the Centerfold 25 Rollaway Table Tennis Table. There’s just a lot to love about this table.
Its thick top ensures balls will get an exceptional bounce time after time, and it doesn’t get scratched up easily. On top of that, it’s easy to assemble, so you won’t need to spend all day fussing with it – and we think the sooner you can get playing, the better.